Monday, July 21, 2008

obama flashback: meet Marjorie Marsh

From May 30th, 2008

No long diary from me tonight. Just a short flashback from the past. Back on December 26th, 2007. Before Iowa. Close your eyes and try to remember back then for a moment.

It's been over a year since I made my first blog and so I've been reading through some of my older blogs and found this video about Marjorie Marsh, a 94 year old precinct captain for Obama in Iowa and I'd thought I'd s hare.


Back before Iowa everything was up in the air. How did we win? We won beacuse thousands of people like Marjorie stayed focused and kept their eye on the ball.

That's how we got here. By staying focused. That's how we will win in November. By staying focused.

I know it's easy to fret about the ups and downs of the campaign "What if it goes to the convention?!?!?!, LATEST POLL SAYS WE ARE DOOMED!!!!! THEY CANT CHANGE THE RULES!!!!!"

It's easy to get caught up in stuff like that. But in the end it doesn't matter and worrying about that kind of stuff won't help. Stay focused and we can win this thing.

That is the incredible story of this campaign. Thousands of people stood up and said yes we can.

 title=

I'm with that guy. So is she

So are so many millions of people.

But I also trust us with our future. Together we have come so far and we will go even farther.

Stay focused and we can do anything. We've come a long way. We've got a long road ahead of us. That's my message for tonight.

Yes. We. Can.

No comments: